Funding is now available for those looking to enter or further develop their career in nuclear!
Managed by NSAN, the Nuclear Bursary scheme provides financial support for those completing nuclear related study for career development or sector entry.
The scheme has been funded by the ECITB and NDA to help the sector deliver one of the NSSG’s key theme of ‘Exciting the Next Generation’.
The criteria for the latest round of bursaries focuses on supporting some of the key themes outlined in the Nuclear Sector Deal:
- Mobility – supporting individuals into the sector from other industries, supporting the upskilling of an individual so that they will remain in the industry and supporting transferability across the sector.
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion – the sector would benefit from greater diversity and as such, applications are particularly welcome from female applicants, from challenging socio-economic backgrounds, unemployed individuals and those from an ethnic minority, as these groups are under represented in the nuclear industry.
- SME Development – applications are encouraged from individuals from micro and small businesses.
- UK Skills Gaps – applications are encouraged from individuals to support identified skills gaps in the industry.
The bursary can be used to support an individual undertaking any of the following:
- Programmes of study relevant to the sector
Relevant courses of study include:
- High level short courses
- Honours degrees
- Masters degrees
- Post graduate
- CPD qualification and workforce development
The closing date for applications is 4th September.
Please visit https://www.nsan.co.uk/news/nuclear-bursaryjul2019 for more information.